Logos are not necessarily meant for a business, but can be used in other places as well. These days more and more people are finding out that a logo can become a brilliant way to celebrate one of the happiest days in two people’s lives; a wedding. Logo’s can prove to be a personalized symbol that brings intimacy to the entire event to marriage, and more and more brides and grooms are opting to choose wedding names logo.
What is a wedding name logo?
A wedding name logo refers to a unique symbol which is used to represent your wedding day and your wedding life as a whole. It is popular especially because it is mostly used to tie up things associated with the wedding and make them seem similar in theme and design. These things may include your wedding invitation, decor of your reception or the wedding photo album. Usually the couple’s names or their initials are used for making the logo but many a times further embellishments are also added to the logo in order to make it look prettier.
Although, the logo is a modern concept, the use of symbols to depict one’s family is a tradition that has a long history. The heraldic coats or arms found first on the Bayeux Tapestry dates back to the 11th century. Uniquely designed emblems were carried around by medieval warriors on their shields. Some of these symbols have been handed down through generations as a proud symbol of one’s family’s history and heritage. Royalty has been known to have used ciphers and monograms for centuries.
Most modern wedding names logo fall under two main categories. These categories are timely and timeless respectively. Timely logos focus mainly on the wedding at hand and often use the help of a theme in order to strike a harmonious chord. They may also make use of portraits of the couple to depict them during that time of their life. Timeless logos on the other hand usually involve the use of monograms or family crests that have been in use in the family for ages and may intertwine the initials of the couple’s name in order to create a unique wedding symbol.
15 tips on how to select the best wedding logo
Here, this article aims to instruct and aid you with ideas and tips on how to approach the concept of getting wedding names logo designed and how to get the best results out of the entire endeavor. These fifteen tips are sure to help you in your quest of getting the best wedding name logo designed to celebrate the most memorable day of you and your loved one’s life.
- The very first step that needs to be taken care of before deciding on a wedding name logo is to figure out exactly which initials the couple is going to use for their wedding name logo. Usually the first initial of each of the couple’s name is selected or a joint initial is put to use in order to create a logo style that would suit well for the wedding.
- The next step after having selected the initials is the selecting the style that you would like to use for your logo. Although archaic and old scripts are often used to create a logo it doesn’t have to be so necessarily. The usage of a style that suits best with your personality is the correct way to approach this hurdle.
- The next tip is to decide whether you would want your logo to have just letters in them or other embellishments that would make it look prettier. It completely depends on your taste and the feel that you prefer.
- After that the next decision is about the use of calligraphy or the use of a style that is modern and chic. Sometimes simple is the best way to go.
- The dilemma of using a traditional style or a more experimental approach that uses mirrored text or contemporary styles is the next thing that you need to consider.
- It is also important to decide on the color scheme of the logo. Every wedding usually has a color scheme and incorporating the same in the wedding logo can help make the entire thing more relatable and cohesive.
- The next thing to decide is all the places that you would want your wedding logo to be put on. Be it invitation cards, cake tops or websites. You need to have a clear idea of where your logo is going to be put.
- After having decided the places that your logo design is going to utilize it is a must to choose a logo that will work best in different sizes and can be used in different places irrespective of their shape. Choose something that works best with these dynamics.
- The next step involves selecting the number of letters that you plan to use. Whether it would be a three letter logo or a two-letter logo depends completely on you.
- The next step involves selecting the way to stack the letters. This is similar to choosing the style step but here you will have to consider the many varieties like seal style or interlocking letters that use elaborate characters that touch. There are many options and you would have to choose the style that best suits your own personality.
- If you are confused about where to start, try using fonts like Ocean Waves, Radon, Valeria, Safirestone and Photograph to get a clear idea of what you are looking for and then selecting that which chooses your need the best.
- Once the letters, color scheme, and style are all selected the next step involves the selection of the size of the font that you would like to use for your wedding names logo.
- Try considering using a circular or square shaped logo, since they are compatible with application in almost any surface and place.
- If your logo is a colored version, also create a black only version for the same logo since not every application might allow you to use the colored version.
- Try choosing a style or type of logo that suits both you and your better half’s personalities the best. Although you might not have similar tastes, choosing something that settles at a middle ground is the best way to create a logo that will celebrate the wedding. A wedding which is important to both of you.